I took my board exam for licensure in vocational nursing on October 22, 2010, otherwise known as the NCLEX-PN; The Pearsonvue Trick (PVT) can help determine if you passed or not. The Pearsonvue trick (PVT) also works with the NCLEX-RN exam. After taking the exam, most of us are stressed wondering about how we did and whether we passed or failed. Pearsonvue states that the unofficial results are available within 2 business days upon taking the exam. You can either look up the results online or over the phone. The thing is that you have to pay to see your results or wait a couple of weeks until you receive them in the mail, which is too long for many of us.
Introducing the Pearsonvue Trick (PVT)
For those of us who can’t wait to find out, I have a little trick for you. Please note that this trick is in no way, shape, or form considered to be illegal or an act of hacking.
In a nutshell, all you have to do is re-register for the test again. If you get a pop-up that states that you recently took your exam and are ineligible to register, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU PASSED! But if you reach the page that asks for your credit-card info, I’m sorry but you failed.
Here’s how to do the Pearsonvue Trick step-by-step:
- Visit http://pearsonvue.com/nclex/activity and log-in to your account.
- Click “Register” and select your exam type.
- Select your Country. Answer the “NCLEX Registration Questions” questions as if you failed your exam. ex. “Have you ever taken an NCLEX exam before? Yes.”
- Select your Country, City, and Find/Enter your Program Code.
- Then select your Board or Nursing. Click Next.
- If you passed the NCLEX, you’ll receive a pop-up that states, “Our records indicate that you have recently scheduled this exam. Please contact your Member Board for further assistance. Another registration cannot be made at this time.”
- If you failed, you’ll be taken to the payment page asking for your credit-card information.
- If you receive a pop-up that states “The candidate currently has test results that are on hold. A new registration cannot be created at this time.”, you didn’t pass or fail; wait a couple of days and try the Pearsonvue trick again.
When Can You Do the Pearsonvue Trick?
This trick is said to work right after you finish your exam. I tried it a few hours after taking it and received the pop-up. I’ve been doing it everyday and am still receiving the pop-up. I’ve never heard of this trick being wrong, but please note that this doesn’t guarantee 100% whether you’ve passed or not. You’ll know for sure when you receive your passing letter in the mail.
I received my report last week. I passed!
I suppose you can say the trick does work since I got the good pop-up. I know someone who took the exam a week after I did and they were sent to the credit-card page. They should be receiving their report soon.
I hope the Pearsonvue Trick will help ease your anxiety.